Bollywood is one of the major sources of how fashion and jewellery trends are started out in India. The statement jewellery that we see our favourite Bollywood divas flaunting in their everyday life and the big screen, truly inspires us to experiment with trends.
Here are 6 jewellery trends that became iconic and statements that are being followed by every trend setter in one way or the other:
1. The ‘Ramleela’ Chandbali: They have become such a trend, that every girl must own at least one. The Chandbali earrings flaunted by style diva Deepika Padukone in her movie Ramleela are versatile and gorgeous earring trend to follow. The earring style got all the association with the movie, and came to be known as the ‘Ramleela’ earring even at a local market.
2. The traditional nose pins from Bajirao Mastani: Nose pins have recently caught the trend again, and the gorgeous Kashibai role played by Priyanka Chopra, revived the Maharashtrian style traditional nose pin with complete style and grace. These nose pins have become such a rage that they are now available in clip-on formats too.
3. Alia Bhatt’s Traditional South Indian Jewellery: Ananya, became a household name with the huge success of the movie 2 States, where Alia Bhatt stole hearts playing the south indian girl next door. But what really left us inspired was the way Alia looked like a gorgeous south indian bride flaunting the traditional south indian jewellery. The jewellery was simple, and left many brides and sisters of the brides, inspired to ape the look.
4. The Side Jhumars: The chunky and artistic looking side jhumars are trends that owe their inspiration to Bollywood divas Deepika Padukone and Kareena Kapoor. The epic role of Mastani, played by Deepika, carried off these side Mughal influenced side jhumars with absolute charm and grace.
5. The Kundan Jewellery inspired by Jodha Akbar: Who can forget the royalty and beauty that Aishwarya Rai exhibited in her movie Jodha Akbar, with the chunky Kundan work neck pieces. The neckpiece became a rage with almost every bride wanting to flaunt the look at her wedding.
6. Vidya Balan’s Terracotta Love: While the lady is known for her powerful characters portrayed in movies, her personality off screen is always known to make heads turn. Her love for bold and colourful terracotta beads and pendants seen in her dressing, has become an inspiring trend for many.