Handmade jewellery or handcrafted jewellery has never been more popular than today. In India, jewellery making was seen as a lineage passed on through generations. However, today it is turning into a passionate career option for jewellery and art lovers. While the success of handmade jewellery can be largely attributed to social media and the fashion influencers, there is also a change in the mindset that has contributed to the success of Indian handmade jewellery in both domestic and International markets. A number of men and women, with an artistic mind, have today cultivated their hobby into profitable jewellery making businesses. The jewellery made by these designers are unique and hence truly deserve the flaunts.
Online marketplaces and social media have given these designers an outlet to showcase their designs and to create a buyer base across the world. If you are still wondering what the noise on handmade jewellery is all about, then here are some compelling reasons that will make you switch over to handcrafted accessories now:
- Invest in a piece of art: Jewellery is an integral part of a woman’s dressing. Every piece of handmade jewellery showcases a certain art that can transform your everyday attire into a classic looking one.
- Buy Greener Jewellery: Handmade jewellery created by local artisans take much less energy as compared to mass produced jewellery. From the raw materials used to the assembling of the final jewellery piece, handcrafted jewellery is seen as more environmentally sustainable compared to the machine made jewellery.
- Create Empowerment: There are a number of women today who leave their corporate jobs to look after their family. A number of these women have found jewellery making a great way to not only channelize their energies towards something creative but also to make a living for themselves. Supporting handmade jewellery only helps in empowering these women.
- Customization is the biggest trend of today: Gone are the days when women wore what they saw others wearing. With handmade jewellery, customised jewellery is becoming a trend that fashionistas are vouching by. Why settle for jewellery off-the-shelf, when you can get one designed just for yourself.
- The ‘Feel-Good’ Factor: Remember how good you felt when you bought a piece of jewellery from the exhibition after chatting up with the artisan who made it? Well, handcrafted jewellery leaves you with a feel-good factor of appreciating someone’s efforts and work. Handmade jewellery is not just about paying for a piece of jewellery but is all about a relationship that you build with the artisan.
- Handcrafted Jewellery is now easy to find: Festivya started out as a mission by four friends, to provide a platform for local artisans to showcase their artistic jewellery to the world. Hence, we are proud of being a unique website that makes handcrafted jewellery easily accessible to jewellery lovers both in India and internationally.
So, the next time you want to buy an accessory for that special dress, check out Festivya, to buy unique jewellery that is not only beautiful but also feels good.